Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Perfect Soba &amp; Pork Salad With ‘Mentsuyu’ Sauce
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, soba & pork salad with ‘mentsuyu’ sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Soba & Pork Salad With ‘Mentsuyu’ Sauce is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Soba & Pork Salad With ‘Mentsuyu’ Sauce is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have soba & pork salad with ‘mentsuyu’ sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Soba & Pork Salad With ‘Mentsuyu’ Sauce:
- Take servings Soba Noodles
- Make ready Pork *thinly sliced
- Take Salt & Pepper
- Get Potato Starch Flour *optional
- Take thin slices Ginger *cut into fine strips
- Get Onion *thinly sliced
- Take Salad Vegetables *e.g. Cucumber, Lettuce, etc
- Make ready 'Mentsuyu' *find how to make at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/6744624-mentsuyu-noodle-dipping-sauce
- Make ready Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Powder)
- Take Lemon Juice
Steps to make Soba & Pork Salad With ‘Mentsuyu’ Sauce:
- Slice Pork as thinly as you can. The thinner, the better. If not thin enough, you can pound the slices using a meat mallet.
- Lightly season with Salt & Pepper, and coat with Potato Starch Flour. The starch layer will become jelly-like and add a lovely texture. *Note: You can omit the starch.
- Cut all Salad Vegetables into thin strips. Slice Ginger into fine strips.
- Combine ‘Mentsuyu’ and Lemon Juice in a small bowl. - *Note: Wasabi flavoured ‘Mentsuyu’ is also very nice for this salad. Add some Wasabi instead of Lemon juice.
- Cook Soba Noodles as instructed. Basically you cook the noodles in rapidly boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. When Soba Noodles are almost cooked, add Pork slices and cook until the colour has changed. It won’t take long at all. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain well.
- Place cold Soba noodles on a deep plate, arrange Salad Vegetables, Pork and Ginger on top, and pour the ‘Mentsuyu’ sauce (with Lemon Juice OR Wasabi). Sprinkle some Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) and enjoy.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food soba & pork salad with ‘mentsuyu’ sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!