Simple Way to Prepare Favorite Charred Leek and Soy Sauce Ramen (Vegan Friendly)
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, charred leek and soy sauce ramen (vegan friendly). One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Charred Leek and Soy Sauce Ramen (Vegan Friendly) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Charred Leek and Soy Sauce Ramen (Vegan Friendly) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have charred leek and soy sauce ramen (vegan friendly) using 21 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Charred Leek and Soy Sauce Ramen (Vegan Friendly):
- Take 2 servings' worth Vegetarian Chinese noodles (kansui free if possible)
- Take The soup
- Make ready 1 tbsp Canola oil
- Make ready 1 clove Garlic
- Make ready 1/2 to 1 stalk The white part of a Japanese leek
- Prepare 1 Onion
- Get 600 ml ★ Water
- Take 1 tbsp ★ Sake
- Prepare 4 to 5 tablespoons ★ Aged soy sauce
- Prepare 1 pinch ★ Dried cilantro
- Make ready 1 ★ Black pepper
- Take 1 ★ Star anise
- Take 10 grams ★ Additive-free kombu based dashi stock granules
- Prepare 1 tsp to 1 tablespoon or so Sesame oil
- Make ready Additions Choose any of the following:
- Take 1/2 thin root Burdock root
- Prepare 3 cm Carrot
- Prepare 2 leaves Chinese cabbage
- Make ready 4 pieces Aburafu (also called Sendai-fu)
- Make ready 1/2 The green part of a Japanese leek
- Take 2 sheets Nori seaweed
Steps to make Charred Leek and Soy Sauce Ramen (Vegan Friendly):
- Prepare the ingredients. This is the aged soy sauce I used.
- Finely chop the white part of the leek, and slice the green part. Chop up the garlic very finely. Shave the burdock root thinly. Julienne the carrot, and cut the Chinese cabbage into strips.
- Grate half the onion, and finely chop the other half (if you are using a sweet onion or onions with a lot of water, adjust the amount of soy sauce added later).
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the oil. Stir fry the garlic, the white part of the leek, and chopped onion.
- Start bringing a large pot of water to a boil.
- Keep stir frying until the ingredients are browned or slightly charred. Don't let them become too charred, since it'll be carcinogenic.
- Add the grated onion.
- Measure the ★ ingredients directly into the pan. Leave the heat set to medium.
- When it comes to a boil, add the sesame oil. The soup is now finished.
- Throw in the aburafu.
- Cook the noodles following package instructions. Take care that they aren't finished too far in advance of the other ingredients.
- Fill the ramen bowls with hot water to warm them.
- Coat oil (not listed) in a frying pan heated over medium, and stir fry the burdock root and carrot. Add the Chinese cabbage after 30 seconds and continue stir frying.
- Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of the soup, and stir fry quickly.
- Throw out the hot water in the ramen bowls, and ladle in the reheated soup.
- Drain the cooked noodles well, and put into the soup.
- Add the toppings.
- Cut the nori into even pieces and place on the ramen to finish.
- You can use the leftover soup in fried rice and for ankake (starch thickened) sauce.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food charred leek and soy sauce ramen (vegan friendly) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!