Recipe of Perfect Candied Sweet Potatoes
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, candied sweet potatoes. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweet potatoes are parboiled and then baked with a sweet sauce of margarine, brown sugar, marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. These candied sweet potatoes are called Daigaku Imo in Japanese, and they are a sweet snack made of deep-fried Japanese sweet potatoes that are covered in a hard sugar candy coating. In The Kitchen With Gina Young.
Candied Sweet Potatoes is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Candied Sweet Potatoes is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have candied sweet potatoes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Make ready medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2" rounds
- Take salt
- Make ready unsalted butter, sliced in half
- Prepare brown sugar
- Make ready pure maple syrup
- Take water
- Make ready ground cinnamon
- Get ground nutmeg
- Prepare ground ginger
- Get vanilla extract
Tender, sweet, soul-food style candied sweet potatoes, infused with spices, topped with brown sugar, and baked in honey, butter & syrup! The perfect Sunday dinner side dish. You can make Candied Sweet Potatoes the night before, up until the marshmallow topping. While your turkey is resting and your oven is already heated, put your sweet potatoes back in the oven to warm.
Instructions to make Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Place the sliced potatoes into a greased 9x13" baking pan and sprinkle the salt over them. Toss to coat and preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, place the remaining ingredients except for the vanilla over medium-high heat and stir until the butter has melted and its come to a low boil.
- Let it boil, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then remove it from the heat, stir in the vanilla and pour it evenly over the potatoes. Give them a toss, then place them into the oven for a total time of 1 hour. After the first 20 minutes, take them out, give them a stir and cover the pan with foil for the remaining baking time. Take them out to stir again at the 40 minute mark.
- Once the hour is up, the potatoes should be very tender. The sauce will seem very thin, but will thicken as they cool. Let them cool uncovered for 10 or so minutes, then serve.
Sweet potatoes on the holidays are a staple side dish. These candied ones are simple to make and divine. They're filled with butter, sugar, and spice. By cooking in the cast iron, the potatoes are tender. These Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes are covered in delicious syrupy goodness and will melt in your mouth with each and every bite.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food candied sweet potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!