Simple Way to Prepare Perfect Candied Sweet Potatoes
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, candied sweet potatoes. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Candied Sweet Potatoes is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Candied Sweet Potatoes is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have candied sweet potatoes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Take 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2" rounds
- Get 1/2 tsp. salt
- Take 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, sliced in half
- Get 1 cup brown sugar
- Make ready 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Prepare 2 tbsp water
- Get 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Get 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Make ready 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Instructions to make Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Place the sliced potatoes into a greased 9x13" baking pan and sprinkle the salt over them. Toss to coat and preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, place the remaining ingredients except for the vanilla over medium-high heat and stir until the butter has melted and its come to a low boil.
- Let it boil, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then remove it from the heat, stir in the vanilla and pour it evenly over the potatoes. Give them a toss, then place them into the oven for a total time of 1 hour. After the first 20 minutes, take them out, give them a stir and cover the pan with foil for the remaining baking time. Take them out to stir again at the 40 minute mark.
- Once the hour is up, the potatoes should be very tender. The sauce will seem very thin, but will thicken as they cool. Let them cool uncovered for 10 or so minutes, then serve.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food candied sweet potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!