Steps to Make Speedy Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, sweet potato soup with maple sour cream and candied bacon. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sweet potato soup with maple sour cream and candied bacon using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon:
- Prepare 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Take 2 shallots thinly sliced
- Prepare 4 sprigs fresh Thyme
- Prepare 1/4 cup Peels From the Sweet Potatoes
- Get 4 1/4 cup water
- Get 2 Pounds Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Take 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Get For the garnish
- Make ready 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- Take 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Get 1 cup sour cream
- Make ready 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Get 4-6 slices bacon
- Prepare Green onions or chives thinly sliced enough to top the soup
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon:
- Peel the Sweet Potatoes saving ¼ cup of the peels. Then cut the potatoes in half-length wise, then slice ½ inch thick cuts width wise.
- Melt butter in pot then add the shallots and thyme and cook for about 5 min till soft.
- Now add the water and bring the water to just to it begins to boil and then turn off the heat and add the sweet potatoes and the peels into the pot and let everything steep for 20 min. With a cover on the pot
- After the 20 min add the Table spoon of Brown Sugar, ½ teaspoon of cider vinegar, 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Turn the heat back on and bring to almost boiling again once it reaches to a simmer cook for 10 min on medium heat.
- While you wait cut the bacon into small strips and begin to cook the bacon until crispy. Drain the fat away and then place the bacon back into the pan and add the 3 teaspoons of brown sugar and the Cider Vinegar.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves and is well coated the bacon. Place onto a plate once the bacon is done.
- Once the Potatoes are done cooking remove the thyme sprigs and spoon the potatoes and peels into the blender but only fill it about half way. Puree until smooth. Work in batches until all the potatoes and peels are completely smooth. Place back everything back into the pot.
- Mix the Sour Cream with the maple syrup
- Place the soup into the bowl add the maple sour cream and then add the candied bacon around the soup. And chives or green onions Enjoy.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food sweet potato soup with maple sour cream and candied bacon recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!