How to Make Perfect Japanese Sweet Potato Rice
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, japanese sweet potato rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Japanese Sweet Potato Rice is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Japanese Sweet Potato Rice is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have japanese sweet potato rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Sweet Potato Rice:
- Prepare Japanese sweet potato/yam (satsuma-imo)
- Prepare Japanese white rice or short grain white rice (2 Japanese rice cups)
- Make ready water
- Get sake (optional)
- Get salt
- Make ready black sesame seeds
Instructions to make Japanese Sweet Potato Rice:
- Wash the rice in a fine strainer or bowl until the water is not cloudy anymore. Scrub the dirt off the sweet potato but leave the skin on. Cut the potato into 1 cm round slices.
- Put rice in a medium pot or your rice cooker. Pour in the water and sake and mix in the salt. Lay the sweet potato slices on top - you don't need to mix it. If using the rice cooker, just turn it on and wait til it's done! For using a pot, see next step.
- If using the pot, cover with a lid, and turn the heat on medium. Listen until you can hear the water start to simmer in the pot, then set a timer for 11 minutes and let it cook. Turn off the heat and let it sit without taking off the lid for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, it's ready! Lightly mix in the sweet potatoes into the rice with a wet rice spoon or spatula. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and serve! (or make onigiri :)
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food japanese sweet potato rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!