Recipe of Ultimate JON’S CLAM CHOWDER
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, jon’s clam chowder. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Trader Joe's Reviews, Recipes, Locations, and More. Grabbed this Clam Chowder last night and had it for lunch today with some TJ's sourdough artisan bread. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
JON’S CLAM CHOWDER is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. JON’S CLAM CHOWDER is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have jon’s clam chowder using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make JON’S CLAM CHOWDER:
- Get / 290 gr. chopped clams
- Prepare / 150 gr. smoked bacon, cut in thin strips, side way
- Prepare butter
- Take minced garlic cloves
- Get diced yellow onions
- Make ready diced celery
- Get leeks, cut in thin strips side ways
- Take fresh thyme leaves
- Make ready tbsps. all-purpose flour
- Make ready milk. (875 ml.)
- Prepare clams broth. (375 ml.)
- Prepare large potatoes with or without skin, diced
- Take bay leaf
- Make ready tsps. salt
- Take ground pepper
Clam chowder is easier to make than you think - and the homemade version is unbelievably creamy, flavorful and chockfull of clams! Soup season has come and gone, but a bowl of clam chowder can. Places Cedar Key, Florida Tony's World Champion Clam Chowder. Chef John's clam chowder dip is packed with big, bold, bacony flavors for an easy yet addictive party appetizer that'll please football fans and Get the recipe for this New England Clam Chowder Dip.
Steps to make JON’S CLAM CHOWDER:
- Cut and measure all ingredients for the recipe. - Cook the potatoes in a small pot with the clam broth. - Heat up a large pot at moderate temperature and cook bacon until fat is melt and crispy. - Add garlic, onions and cook until just beginning to brown.
- Stir in the celery, leeks, thyme leaves and sweat until vegetables are wilt. - Add and mix in the flour and cook for about 4 minutes. Don’t let it burn at the bottom of the pot. - Stir in the milk, bay leaf, bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Be careful again; do not let the flour burn at the bottom of the pan.
- Mix in the clam broth with the potatoes, clams, salt and pepper. Let it simmer for a few minutes and serve. - OPTIONAL: add a cup of cream if you like.
This Chunky Manhattan Clam Chowder is loaded with fresh veggies, bacon, corn, and plenty of clams! Everybody knows just how effective soups are during the cold season. See more ideas about Clam chowder, Chowder, Clam chowder recipes. A classic clam chowder recipe for any time of year, with perfect tastes of bacon and clams. Clam chowder is one of my favorite fall comfort foods.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food jon’s clam chowder recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!