Simple Way to Prepare Award-winning Chicken Verde Enchiladas
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chicken verde enchiladas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Verde Enchiladas is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Verde Enchiladas is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken verde enchiladas using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Verde Enchiladas:
- Get 5 lbs chicken thighs (you will need to pre-cook and shred)
- Make ready 2.5 cups mild salsa verde
- Take 1/2 Cup Salsa Jalapena
- Prepare 5 cloves minced garlic
- Prepare 2-7 oz. Cans roasted green chilis(drain first)
- Get 1 bunch cilantro chopped (3/4 cup)
- Make ready 10 oz.can (minimum) enchilada sauce
- Make ready 1 lime (juice from)
- Get 4 cups shredded jack cheese
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Take 24 corn tortillas(pkg. of 30)
- Make ready 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Steps to make Chicken Verde Enchiladas:
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute minced garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in the salsa verde and salsa jalapena. Then heat thoroughly.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream and most of the cilantro saving a little for garnish.
- Taste. Add salt, pepper, or even more sour cream if sauce is too spicy.
- Set aside 2 cups of the sauce to use when assembling the enchiladas.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime all over the shredded chicken.
- Stir in shredded chicken and half of the cheese to main portion of the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 13x9 in. baking pans with cooking oil and spread half of the reserved sauce (minus chicken) in each baking pan.
- Put a portion of chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll, placing them in the pan side by side. (I quickly dip each tortilla in boiling water before rolling so they don't break)
- You will end up with 2 full pans of enchiladas. (Approximately 24 total)
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas and add cheese to the top. I prefer jack cheese, but use what you like.
- Cover pans with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro on top.
- I make spanish rice and beans to compliment this meal.
- Link to my Spanish Rice recipe:
- Spanish Rice: Https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/11008554-spanish-rice?invite_token=RQZWEVG5tfSCLZwZBzneUxT1&shared_at=1604947576
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chicken verde enchiladas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!