Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Thai Coconut Chicken Curry
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, thai coconut chicken curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Thai Coconut Chicken Curry is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Thai Coconut Chicken Curry is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook thai coconut chicken curry using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Prepare Large handful of cilantro, stems or roots only
- Take fresh tumeric, skin peeled
- Make ready Garlic, skin peeled
- Make ready large piece of ginger, skin peeled and cut into large knobs
- Take Shallots, skin peeled and sliced in half
- Make ready Lemongrass, skin peeled and cut into short pieces
- Make ready Thai green chilies
- Get Serrano chilies, deseeded and split lengthwise
- Take boneless chicken thighs (skin on)
- Prepare Salt and pepper
- Make ready neutral oil
- Take curry paste
- Make ready cup(ish) coconut milk
- Make ready broccoli tops
- Take sugar snap peas
- Prepare Basil
- Take lime juice
- Take Coconut sugar (regular sugar works fine as well)
Instructions to make Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- The night before, salt and pepper your chicken thighs and leave it in the fridge overnight. This dries out the chicken skin and will help create a delicious crispy chicken skin.
- In a food processor, add in the cilantro, turmeric, garlic, ginger, shallots, lemongrass, and serrano chilies. Blend into a fine paste.
- Next, give it a taste to see if you like the spicy flavor. Then add in as many or as little green thai chilies that you’d like. I choose 5 for a nice balance spicy curry paste.
- In a large skillet, cook the thighs skin side down on medium heat. Don't worry about cooking it all the way through. You really just want some nice golden brown color.
- Next, add in your curry paste and fry until super fragrant and the moisture has been fried off as well!
- Add in a pinch of salt and pour in 1/2 cup of coconut milk and cook until the oil separates from the curry paste. Next, add in about 2 tablespoons of water just to thin it out and cook for just a couple of minutes.
- Add in coconut sugar to desired sweetness
- Add in your broccoli tops, sugar snap peas, and diced crispy chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until you veggies are tender NOT mushy and the chicken has been cooked through.
- Lastly, add in your basil and a squeeze of lime. Serve over rice and enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food thai coconut chicken curry recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!