Steps to Prepare Homemade Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, diner style lemon meringue pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook diner style lemon meringue pie using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Make ready 1-9 inch deep dish pie crust
- Prepare Filling:
- Get 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Prepare 1 cup granulated sugar
- Take 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Take Zest of 2 lemons
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups water
- Make ready 1/4-1/2 cup fresh lemon juice. See note
- Take 3 tablespoons butter not margarine
- Prepare 4 egg yolks (keep whites for meringue)
- Take Mile High Meringue:
- Take 4 egg whites
- Get 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Prepare Pinch salt
- Get 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Get Secret to no weep meringue:
- Prepare 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Prepare 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Get 1/2 cup water
- Take Note:
- Get I like mine slightly tart so I use 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Prepare Use 1/4 cup or to your preference for sweeter or tangier filling
Steps to make Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Make your own 9 inch crust or use frozen. Bake at 350 until light golden brown. Cool completely.
- In heavy bottom sauce pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water. Stir until dissolved.
- Heat over medium heat,stirring often,until thick and bubbling slightly.
- Whisk egg yolks and add 3 spoons of hot thickened filling to temper eggs stirring constantly.
- Add butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and tempered eggs into thickened mixture and stirring constantly cook until mixture thickens more and bubbles slightly.
- Pour filling into pre baked crust. Set on wire rack to cool.
- Wash pan and add 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Whisk.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water and cook until mixture thickens and starts to look like it is getting clear.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in the 4 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla.
- Beat to incorporate. Add the cooled mixture to egg whites and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over pie and with spoon slightly tap top and pull up to form small peaks.
- Brown in 350 degree oven until light brown.
- Cool completely and refrigerate covered in cake carrier so the meringue doesnt get messed up.
- Cool completely. I usually make mine a day ahead and let it chill overnight.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food diner style lemon meringue pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!