Easiest Way to Make Any-night-of-the-week Greek spinach pie
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, greek spinach pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Reviews for: Photos of Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie). TIROPITA (Greek Cheese Pie) from Scratch. This Greek Spinach Pie is a dinner recipe that my family absolutely loves!
Greek spinach pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Greek spinach pie is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have greek spinach pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek spinach pie:
- Make ready 1 pack filo (contain 7 sheets)
- Prepare 450 gr feta not very soft
- Prepare 2 tbsp greek thick yogurt
- Make ready tbsp parmesan grated
- Prepare 1 bunch dill
- Get 600 gr spinach
- Take 3 diced leeks
- Make ready 4 fresh onions
- Get 1 onion
- Take 3 eggs
- Prepare Salt and pepper
- Get Oil for the filo
The traditional filling comprises chopped spinach, feta cheese, onions or scallions, egg, and seasoning. Spanakopita in Greek translates to spinach and feta pie. Layers of flaky phyllo pastry hold a creamy spinach and feta filling. The cheese makes it creamy and the herbs add so much freshness.
Steps to make Greek spinach pie:
- Shimmer without oil the spinach and the leeks till get soft. We put them in a strainer to take all the water out.
- In a bowl we put the feta, parmesan, yogurt, dill, salt, pepper and eggs and we mix till the feta becomes crumbly.
- We pass in a fry pan the onions and we add some oil (1 tsp) the spinach and leeks. We cook them for 2 minutes in low heat. After we put them in strainer in order to cool down
- When they will be in a good temperature (room temperature) we mix them with the cheeses and yogurt.
- We take the tray pan we put some oil at the bottom in order not to get sticky the filo. We put 3 filo sheets at the bottom (every filo sheets we put little oil so they get crunchy), we put the spinach filling and we spread in the tray evenly. Then we put one filo sheet above the filling, some oil and again some filing. After the second filling we put the 3 remaining filo sheets (and again in between sheets some oil).
- In the preheated oven of 180 degrees in the air we put the tray for around 45 minutes. After 15 minutes take the tray and with a knife cut the first filo in a square design in order to allow even cooking for all filo sheets. Check with a fork after 30 minutes to see if its cooked. If your oven is strong then low the heat in order to cook till the base the pita. Enjoyyyyy !!!!
It's a healthy, easy spinach pie you'll make over and over! Sweet spinach leaves, tangy feta cheese and delicious herbs It's happening right now. Please, welcome the one and only Traditional Greek Spinach Pie, the famous. Thaw the spinach overnight or in a colander under warm running water. Spanakopita can also be made with other greens, such as dandelion or chard, in place of spinach.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food greek spinach pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!