Easiest Way to Prepare Homemade Harvest Sausage Shepherd&#39;s Pie
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, harvest sausage shepherd's pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have harvest sausage shepherd's pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie:
- Take 4 mild sausage links, casing removed
- Make ready 2 celery, diced
- Get 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 2 carrots, diced
- Make ready 1/2 granny Smith apple, skinned and diced
- Take 1 large onion, diced
- Take 1.5 cups diced butternut squash
- Make ready 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Get to taste Salt and pepper,
- Prepare to taste Dried basil,
- Make ready to taste Dried thyme,
- Get 3-4 cups mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged)
- Take 1/2 cup shredded cheese
Instructions to make Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie:
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic.
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min.
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges.
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food harvest sausage shepherd's pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!