How to Make Any-night-of-the-week Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup)
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, pho ga (vietnamese chicken noodle soup). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook pho ga (vietnamese chicken noodle soup) using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup):
- Get whole chicken
- Take thumb-size ginger, peeled and cut vertically
- Get medium onion, peeled and cut i to half
- Get cinnamon stick
- Prepare star anise
- Get cloves or 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- Prepare salt
- Make ready fish sauce
- Take water
- Take Pho rice noodles, cooked per packaging instruction
- Get Garnish
- Prepare bean sprout
- Take large white onion, slices thinly
- Get cut spring onion, chopped
- Prepare coriander leaves
- Get Lemon or lime
Steps to make Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup):
- Parboil chicken per about 1 minute and then drain all the water to remove any gunks. Set aside.
- In a pan, dry roast ginger and onion until slightly browned. Transfer into the pot with chicken.
- In the same pan, roast over low heat cinnamon stick, star anise, and coriander seeds. The original recipe made use of a 1 black cardamon (cracked open) but I prefer to leave this one out. Roast for 1 minute until fragrant. Make sure the spices don’t burn. Place everything in a spice pouch and then transfer into the chicken pot. Note: if you are replacing coriander seed with cloves, add the cloves 20 minutes prior to end of the cook to maximize the flavor.
- Put 2 liters if water into the chicken pot with the ginger, onion and spice pouch. Put 2 tsp salt. Bring to boil then turn to low heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- After 20-25 minutes, check if chicken is cooked through. Try to poke with a pork and see if the juice coming out is still pinkish.
- Once you see that it is cooked, turn off heat and take the chicken out. Put it in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Once cooled, pick out the meat of the chicken off the bones and set aside.
- Return the chicken bones and carcass into the pot and simmer for 45-60 minutes. You may want to add more salt as preferred. Add the cloves (if using) 20 minutes prior to turning the heat off.
- To serve, put the pho rice noodles in a bowl. Top with shredded chicken meat and garnish with thinly sliced onion, bean sprouts, coriander leaves and chopped spring onion. Ladle 1-2 cups of the soup base. Serve hot.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pho ga (vietnamese chicken noodle soup) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!