Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Chicken pot pie
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken pot pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken pot pie is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Chicken pot pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
One of our most popular and top-rated meals of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a hearty mix of chicken and whatever vegetables your family loves. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. This chicken pot pie casserole combines a Pennsylvania Dutch noodle pot pie with a more traditional crust-style pot pie for a hearty and comforting meal.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chicken pot pie using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken pot pie:
- Take Nonstick cooking spray
- Take 1 1/2 lb boneless,skinless chicken cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Get 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Get 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Prepare 1 medium onion, chopped
- Make ready 2 medium carrots, chopped
- Take 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Prepare 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- Get 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Get 1 1/2 cups milk
- Get 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Make ready 1 can peas, drained
- Take Chicken seasoning
- Make ready 1 can biscuits
Set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut slits to allow steam to escape. Chicken pot pie doesn't have to be a huge ordeal! Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat.
Steps to make Chicken pot pie:
- To make the filling: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large shallow casserole dish, or 6 individual casserole dishes with cooking spray. I used the disposable tin pans.
- Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. I also use chicken seasoning and garlic powder. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the chicken with its juices to a bowl.
- Add 2 more teaspoons of oil to the same pan and heat it over a medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the green beans, garlic and remaining salt and pepper and cook for 2 minute more. Add the milk. Stir the flour into the broth until it is completely dissolved and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Return the chicken with its juices back to the pan. Add the peas and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish or individual dishes.
- Top the filling with a biscuit. Bake until filling is bubbling and the biscuit topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Enjoy.
This chicken pot pie recipe is also known as "Mrs. Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store. In a large food processor, pulse flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. My go to chicken pot pie recipe! If you are having problems with the flavor being bland, I suggest preparing the chicken first then use the same pot to make the filling, so that you can scrape up the delicious stuck on bits.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!