Recipe of Homemade Kentucky bourbon pecan pie
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, kentucky bourbon pecan pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kentucky bourbon pecan pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Kentucky bourbon pecan pie is something that I have loved my whole life.
Place the pie shell on a baking sheet—this will make it easier to move and will catch any spills. BOURBON CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE, also known as a DERBY PIE. This popular pie was created at The Melrose Inn in Prospect, Kentucky as a.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kentucky bourbon pecan pie using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kentucky bourbon pecan pie:
- Prepare dark brown sugar
- Prepare dark Karo corn syrup
- Get whole sweet cream unsalted butter
- Get large eggs
- Get Kentucky bourbon
- Make ready real vanilla extract
- Get real almond extract
- Make ready kosher salt
- Prepare pecans (mix of halves and pieces is good)
This recipe for Kentucky Bourbon Pie is straight out of the deep south and mixes pecans, Bourbon (Whiskey) and whipped cream. The sweet kick of Bourbon with a buttery smooth pecan filling. You'll be ready for the Kentucky Derby with this spin on a Derby Pie! This is a classic and simple recipe given a Southern kick with a little bourbon.
Steps to make Kentucky bourbon pecan pie:
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a 9 inch pie plate press out your pie dough and flute the edges (crimp)
- Place brown surger and corn syrup in a medium size bowl. Melt butter in a microwave for 1 minute 10 seconds on high and then add it to the brown sugar and corn syrup while still hot. Mix very well (it will take a minute or two of mixing).
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, bourbon, vanilla, almond and salt. Whisk until the eggs are beaten well and everything is mixed well.
- Whisking continuously, mix the sugar mix into the egg mix.
- Gently fold in the pecans
- Pour mixture into pie shell
- Bake at 325 1 hour (depending on your oven it might longer or less - start checking 55 minutes and then bake until pie is jiggly in the center)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack or folded towel until completely cooled and gelled. Place in refrigerator until time to eat
The alcohol will evaporate when you bake the pie, and you're left with a richly flavored, gooey dessert, intensely sweet with a baseline of vanilla. Give pecan pie a serious upgrade with our Kentucky Bourbon Pie. Fashioned after George Kern's Derby Pie recipe, the recipe's combination of chocolate, bourbon, and pecans has earned it a spot as one of the South's most beloved desserts. A trifecta of chocolate, pecans and bourbon, this Kentucky Derby pie is the perfect dessert to serve at your Kentucky Derby viewing or tailgate party. Even if you're not into horse racing, you won't be able to resist a slice of this delicious dessert.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food kentucky bourbon pecan pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!