How to Prepare Perfect Sandy&#39;s Sweet Potato Pie
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, sandy's sweet potato pie. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have sandy's sweet potato pie using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie:
- Get 2 1/2 # Whole Sweet potatoes
- Take 2 sticks butter
- Get 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Make ready 1 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare 2 tsp homemade vanilla extract. (1 large bottle 80 proof Moonshine, a good quantity of scraped vanilla sticks, steeped for 1-2 months.) Or, store-bought
- Prepare 4 large eggs
- Make ready 2 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare 1 cup Whole milk
- Prepare 2 prepared, uncooked pie crusts
Steps to make Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Boil unpeeled Sweet Potatoes for about 40 minutes.
- Strain, cool, peel, and place in a paddle mixer.
- Slowy mix until smooth and then add the butter.
- Blend in the butter and when well mixed, add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and mixed.
- Pour into uncooked pie crust shells.
- Put into a preheated oven and cook for 57 minutes.
- Check for doneness cooking longer if needed, all depends on your oven.
- Remove from the oven to cool.
- When ready to serve, we like a good shot of Whipped Cream.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food sandy's sweet potato pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!