Simple Way to Prepare Ultimate Potato Latkes
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, potato latkes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Potato Latkes is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Potato Latkes is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have potato latkes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Latkes:
- Take Eggs
- Get Potatoes
- Get yellow onion
- Take Pepper
- Get Salt
- Get Peeler
- Make ready Grater
Instructions to make Potato Latkes:
- (One egg per potato) Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Add in pepper and salt and whip with fork. Have it be saltier than desired as the potatoes will absorb some salt.
- Grate or pulverize the onion into the egg mixture. (Pictured is the grater I use.)
- Peel and grate the potatoes into the eggs - this helps prevent the potatoes from browning.
- Heat up a skillet or frying pan with olive oil or an oil of your choice. Scoop out some latkeh mixture and shape it more on the thin side for a crunchiness. Be careful with making it too thick/heavy. It will be harder to flip over and is more likely to crumble.
- Keep experimenting to get your desired texture :) We made it a bit too thick this time around- so it tasted like delicious potato kugel!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food potato latkes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!