Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, filipino chicken adobo with white rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook filipino chicken adobo with white rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice:
- Prepare Chicken and marinade
- Prepare 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Take 3 garlic cloves
- Make ready 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Take 1/3 cup + 2 tbs white vinegar
- Get 4 bay leaves
- Get For cooking
- Take 2 tbs. Canola oil
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Prepare 1 small onion diced
- Make ready 1.5 cups water
- Make ready 2 tbs. brown sugar
- Take 1 tbs. whole black pepper
- Make ready Toppings
- Make ready 2 green onions, sliced
Instructions to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice:
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight2 green onion, sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through.
- Remove chicken skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade, water, sugar and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer then turn heat down to medium high. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken smooth side down. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to stir), turning chicken at around 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces down to a thick jam-like syrup.
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, remove chicken onto a plate and let the sauce simmer by itself - it will thicken much quicker - then return chicken to the skillet to coat in the glaze.
- Coat chicken in glaze then serve over rice.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food filipino chicken adobo with white rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!