Steps to Prepare Any-night-of-the-week Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter:
- Take purple sweet potatoes (about 3-4 medium potatoes)
- Make ready eggs
- Get dried sage
- Prepare nutmeg
- Take salt
- Take flour plus extra for dusting
- Make ready butter
- Prepare fresh sage chopped
- Make ready grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions to make Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter:
- Preheat oven to 350 and roast sweet potatoes until tender. About 30-40 min.
- Remove skin from potatoes and mash insides with a fork or potato masher. Once mashed, you must allow the potatoes to completely cook. You can put the potatoes in the refrigerator or freezer to speed the cooling process.
- Pour the flour onto a clean dry countertop and shape it into a ring.
- Crack eggs into the center of the ring and beat with a fork. Do not mix any of the flour into the egg mixture as this time. Add the dried sage, nutmeg, and salt to the eggs.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the egg mixture and combine.
- Using your hands, slowly start to mix the flour into the potato mixture. Gently Knead the dough until well combined and no longer sticky. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
- Dust flour on the countertop, roll dough into large ball, and cut ball into four pieces.
- Roll each quarter into long strands approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut gnocchi into 1 inch cubes and separate on baking sheet. Do not allow gnocchi to touch as they will likely stick together.
- At this point you can either put baking tray in freezer to freeze gnocchi for later use, or boil water for immediate use.
- Add gnocchi to boiled salted water and cook until they rise to the top. About 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pot and reserve about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Add butter to a large saucepan and melt. Once butter starts to foam, add fresh sage and fry until crispy. When butter starts to brown (make sure it doesn’t burn) add the pasta water and stir. The pasta water should thicken the butter and make the sauce creamier.
- Add gnocchi to pan and stir to coat with butter sauce. Once combined, remove gnocchi from pan and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!