Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Nan&#39;s Caramel Corn
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, nan's caramel corn. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Nan's Caramel Corn is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Nan's Caramel Corn is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
How to, Making Caramel Kettle Corn Greg W Sweet Kettle Corn ManGreg W Sweet Learn how to Make / Pop Kettle Corn with Greg W Sweet ,Kettle Corn Man, kettle corn. How to Make Perfect Caramel Popcorn CARAMEL CORN - How to make Crunchy CARAMEL CORN Recipe.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have nan's caramel corn using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Nan's Caramel Corn:
- Get 24 cup popped popcorn (do NOT use microwave popcorn!!)
- Make ready 2 stick butter
- Get 1 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- Prepare 6 tbsp white Karo corn syrup
- Prepare 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Get 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Take 1 kosher salt
I can remember her making carmel corn my entire childhood. See more ideas about Caramel corn, Caramel, Yummy snacks. Old Fashioned Caramel Corn is popped to perfection and coated in a rich caramel flavor. Our most trusted Homemade Caramel Corn With Popcorn recipes.
Instructions to make Nan's Caramel Corn:
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Spread popcorn in TWO large roasting pans (I use the disposable aluminum turkey roasting pans).
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, and Karo syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring only until the butter’s fully incorporated (then you don’t need to stir anymore). Cook until mixture reaches 255°F (essential to use a cooking/candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Then dump in the baking soda and quickly stir until the mixture foams up and it all becomes a lighter brown color, pretty much the same color as peanut butter (about 30 seconds of stirring).
- Quickly pour caramel evenly over all the popcorn. Toss and mix until all the popcorn is fairly evenly coated. (Won’t be super-well coated at this point.)
- Place in oven for 10 minutes, then toss/stir again to better coat the popcorn. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir again, and quickly sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss for about a minute, allowing the caramel corn to cool off, scraping the bottom of the pan to keep it from sticking.
- Cool completely and store in airtight containers.
- My assembly line!
- POPCORN BRANDS: I grew up in Indiana, where all the best popcorn is grown, and I tried dozens of brands over the decades. My favorite is the brand sold by the Boy Scouts. Large, consistent pop, great flavor, and perfectly shaped for candy coating. When I run out of Boy Scouts popcorn and can't get more quickly, I buy Yoder brand at the grocery because it's nearly identical. Those are my preferences, but feel free to use whatever popcorn you prefer, as long as it's not microwave!
Reviewed by millions of home cooks. This homemade caramel corn recipe is crazy delicious, and SO much better than store-bought. Caramel corn is easy to make at home! All you need is freshly popped popcorn, brown sugar, butter, molasses, and corn. This caramel corn recipe can also be found in my cookbook as Old-Fashioned Caramel We make Grandma's caramel corn every Christmas.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food nan's caramel corn recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!