How to Make Any-night-of-the-week Roasted Ham
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, roasted ham. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Roasted Ham is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Roasted Ham is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook roasted ham using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted Ham:
- Take fully cooked ham, shank portion
- Get ground cinnamon
- Take ground cloves
- Take honey
- Make ready water
- Get prepared mustard
- Take dijon mustard
Steps to make Roasted Ham:
- Remove all plastic from the ham.
- Cut skin off of the ham, but leave the fat.
- Score the fat (make shallow cuts) in diagonal angles (see photo), making diamond shapes, but try not to cut through to the meat.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, mustard, cloves and cinnamon.
- With a pastry brush, brush half of the glaze all over the ham, trying to get the glaze in between the cuts.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If you have a roasting pan with a rack, place ham CUT SIDE DOWN on the rack. Add 1 cup of water.
- Place on bottom oven rack and roast uncovered for 1 hour first, then baste with some of the remaining glaze. Roast for another hour.
- After the second hour, baste with the rest of the glaze and roast for another 30 minutes. If you would like the ham to be a little more browned, turn oven up to 425°F. Check it after 15 minutes to make sure it's not burning. If you hate a meat thermometer, internal temperature should be 160°F.
- When the ham is browned to your liking, remove from the oven and let rest in the pan, covered loosely with foil for 20 minutes before carving.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food roasted ham recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!