Recipe of Ultimate Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, creamy ham and potato soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Creamy Ham and Potato Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Creamy Ham and Potato Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have creamy ham and potato soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Ham and Potato Soup:
- Take 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Take 1 1/2 cup chopped ham
- Get 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Get 2 celery stalks, diced
- Get 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- Take 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Get 3 tbsp. all purpose flour
- Get 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- Get 3 cups milk
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. each pepper, poultry seasoning
- Get 1/4 tsp. salt free all purpose seasoning
- Take Pinch nutmeg
- Get 4 small (or 2 large) russet potatoes, peeled and diced
Steps to make Creamy Ham and Potato Soup:
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ham and cook, stirring often, until the ham has browned up a bit. Then remove it to a seperate plate and cover the plate with foil to keep it warm.
- Add the butter to the pot. Once the butter has melted, add the celery, carrots and onion with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes, until the veggies have begun to soften. Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant, another minute or so. Increase the heat to med-high, then sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to incorporate it. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the broth while stirring, then add the milk and all of the seasonings. Let it all come up to a low boil. Once it begins to boil, stir in the potatoes and return the ham to the pot, reduce the heat back down to medium and let it simmer for about 10 or so minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Then remove from the heat and serve.
- This soup is also very good with some kielbasa or smoked sausage in place of the ham, pictured below.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food creamy ham and potato soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!