Recipe of Speedy Egusi soup
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, egusi soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. Egusi Soup Recipe-This is an updated version of my Egusi Soup.
Egusi soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Egusi soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook egusi soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Egusi soup:
- Make ready Egusi 1 and half cup
- Get Usu
- Get Crayfish
- Get Pepper half cup
- Get Uwgu
- Get Onion
- Make ready Red oil
- Prepare Prawn
- Make ready Pomo
- Prepare Stock fish
- Get Smoked panla
- Make ready Turkey/chicken /beef
- Get Seasoning
- Get Salt
Egusi soup is a culinary soup prepared with egusi seeds as a primary ingredient. Egusi seeds are the fat- and protein-rich seeds of certain cucurbitaceous (squash, melon, gourd) plants. Egusi soup is common and prevalent across Central Africa, and may be served atop rice. Ground Egusi seeds give this soup a unique color and flavor.
Instructions to make Egusi soup:
- Ground the crayfish, usu and egusi together. Rinse the smoke fish and dry prawn with warm salt water, boil the pomo, boil turkey and set aside
- Heat the red oil, add grated pepper and onion, let it cook for a while, u can add small water this will help it cook well, add meat stock
- Grate or blend onion, add to the egusi, mix it well and add to the pot
- The egusi changes color when its ready, stir gently n allow fry a bit, add all protein, small water and seasoning of choice, trust me chicken flavor or knor chicken will be fine. Stir n cover
- Rinse the uwgu, add to the pot and stir. Taste to check if salt is ok
- Serve with semo, pound yam or any swallow of your choice.. Guess what it also go well with rice 😋
If you can't find Egusi seeds, you can substitute pumpkin seeds. Any combination of crab, shrimp and smoked fish can be used in place of. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with this egusi soup recipe. Egusi Soup (Caking Method) : I also call this one the Egusi Before Oil method.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food egusi soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!