Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Speedy Spicy Turkey Soup
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, spicy turkey soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spicy Turkey Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Spicy Turkey Soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spicy turkey soup using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Turkey Soup:
- Get 2 turkey quarters (leg and thigh)
- Make ready 1 large yellow onion; large dice
- Prepare 2 stalks celery; rough chop
- Get 1/2 lb baby carrots
- Prepare 1 bundle cilantro stems
- Make ready 1 bay leaf
- Make ready 1 red jalapeño; roughly chopped
- Get 2 T butter
- Prepare 1/2 t + 1/2 tsp thyme; minced
- Make ready 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Get 1 head garlic
- Prepare 2 T ground coriander
- Prepare 2 t dried lemon peel seasoning
- Prepare 8 roma tomatoes; halved and seeded
- Prepare as needed olive oil / vegetable oil
- Take 6 roasted red jalapeños; large dice
- Prepare 2 C rice
- Make ready as needed kosher salt and black pepper
- Make ready 12 oz goat cheese
- Take 3 avocados
- Make ready 6 T honey
Instructions to make Spicy Turkey Soup:
- Rinse turkey under cold water.
- Cover turkey, onion, celery, carrots, cilantro stems, bay leaf, and 1 roughly chopped red jalapeño (not roasted) in a large stock pot. Cover with cold water. Simmer for two hours.
- Remove turkey from pot and place in a large mixing bowl. Shred.
- Drain stock. Reserve liquid.
- Add 2 T butter to a large stock pot. Add onions, 1 t of thyme, dried spices, and a pinch of salt. Caramelize very slowly. When fat begins to dissipate, add a ladle or two of stock.
- When onions are nearly caramelized add bouillon cube. Stir to dissolve.
- Cover tomatoes with enough oil to coat. Add salt, pepper, and thyme. Roast at 425°F until tomatoes are charred. Remove skins and chop roughly. Set aside.
- Cut a tiny bit of the top of the garlic head to reveal cloves, keeping root end intact. Cover with olive oil. Add a tiny pinch of salt. Roast at 425°F until cloves are caramelized, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Add stock, rice, and turkey to stockpot. Cover and summer for 15-20 minutes, until rice is cooked. Add roasted jalapeños and squeeze garlic head to remove roasted cloves into soup.
- In each serving bowl, place 1 roasted tomato, 2 oz honey goat cheese, 1/2 diced avocado, and 1 T honey. Ladle soup over veggies. Garnish with a few gost cheese crumbles.
- Variations; Coconut milk, basil, parsely, poblano, habanero, celery seed or root, turnips, butternut squash, sweet potato, spinach, tamarind, shallots, roasted garlic or bell peppers, vinegar, corn, sofrito, salsa, zucchini, corona, modelo, scallions, cumin, cream cheese, creme fraiche, sour cream, crema, heavy cream, chihuahua, queso fresco, cotija, lime, crushed pepper flakes, chives, cayenne, potato, arugula, peppadew,
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food spicy turkey soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!