Recipe of Quick Brad&#39;s cream of turkey soup with wild rice
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cream of Turkey & Wild Rice Soup. Got leftover cooked chicken or turkey? Cook up a pot of soup!
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice:
- Take 5 cups shredded left over turkey
- Prepare 5 celery stalks, sliced thin
- Make ready 3 large carrots, sliced thin
- Make ready 1 small onion, chopped
- Prepare 1 tbs garlic, minced
- Prepare 1/4 cup marsala cooking wine
- Make ready 1 lg sweet potato
- Take 2 tbs butter
- Get 1 qt whipping cream
- Prepare 2 tsp granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste
- Prepare 8 strips bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels
- Make ready 1 sprig each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced
- Make ready 4 servings of prepared wild rice
- Get Texas toast
Serve this turkey wild rice soup with a nice, crispy romaine salad and a loaf of crusty bread for a complete meal. Lots of turkey leftovers, of course, so I decided to give it a go. I used a wild rice brown rice mix and added that, then also only used one cup of heavy cream because I was low on milk. Creamy Wild-Rice Soup with Smoked Turkey.
Instructions to make Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice:
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces.
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy.
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through.
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
I also added mushrooms and a can of cream of chicken. Creamy Wild-Rice Soup with Smoked Turkey. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Wild rice is cooked in chicken broth, then combined with turkey, bacon and cream in this warm soup seasoned with poultry seasoning and green onions. This is the best turkey rice soup I have ever experienced. I have made it four or five times since I found the recipe back at Thanksgiving time and it.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!